Senior Safeguarding Manager (SSM)
Bright World Guardianships is accredited by AEGIS and offers a guardianship service to overseas children studying in the UK at boarding schools and universities. The programme includes service from our Head Office team plus a local service from Coordinators living near the schools and the recruitment and allocation of a host family to students who do not return home for short holidays. The recruitment and training of Local Coordinators (LCs), Drivers and Host Families (HF)and their on-going management is vital to the smooth running of our programme and the upholding of our Safeguarding and Child Protection policies.
Bright World is now looking for a Senior Manager to work alongside the Director of Guardianships and reporting to the Managing Director. The post is a key and senior position at Bright World which demands an awareness of the importance of Child Protection and safeguarding combined with strong people management, administrational and organisational skills. The role is varied and at times of the year there are peaks where a high level of commitment to getting the job done is required.
Host Family Recruitment
• Planning and managing the advertising budget for new host family recruitment, liaising with Media contacts - researching publications, media buying and monitoring response.
• Forward planning - ensuring the company has sufficient, fully screened host families ready for the start of the academic year and during the year
• Managing PR with schools in order to recruit families of pupils and associated with the school.
• Overseeing the management of host family enquiries and the entire recruitment process on our system, acting as Line Manager to Host Family Recruitment Manager.
• Liaising with Local Coordinators on home inspection visits and managing Spot Checking of host families throughout the year.
• CRB - managing the entire CRB process from start to finish of host families and all people working for Bright World.
Host family selection, liaison and follow up inspections
• To assist the Guardianship Care Managers in matching families with students.
• To feedback to families positively and negatively as time allows and when appropriate once a student has stayed in the host family.
• To manage the LC's follow up inspection visits and ensure they are conducted annually and where possible are combined with CRB renewals.
• To make sure the system is regularly updated with changes.
• To make sure that the Host Family Recruitment section of the Local Coordinator Manual is up to date.
• following up on complaints and any doubts about families.
• Quality control on Host Family profiles - quality of information and presentation of host family profiles.
• to be part of the Child Protection team at Bright World
Safeguarding, Child Protection and Awareness Training
The Senior Safeguarding Manager is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of our policy and Child Protection and Safeguarding is upheld by liaising with the Director of Guardianships and Managing Director. They will preferably already be Child Protection trained but if not will be trained up to Level 3 by us. Part of the role will involve training others and or monitoring They will also deliver or organise the delivery of awareness training for our host families and drivers.
The SSM will be responsible for ensuring that all paperwork relating to Safeguarding is kept up to date and filed safely in the office and on our system.
The SSM will assist the Guardianship Team in ensuring that LCs follow up with their students correctly and feedback to Head Office any matters relating to our students in the host family.
Please send your CV with salary expectations to our retained HR consultant: Gwen Bryne, HR360 email@example.com
No overseas travel is required for this role. Occasional travel around the UK may be required.
"Bright World is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment."
Sherborne International, a Bright World Partner School, has been in touch today to let us know they still have places for September 2018 in all year groups, though very limited - read on to see how to apply and learn more about how Bright World can help you to find a great host family near Sherborne School.
Lisa Palmer, the Director of Admissions and Marketing at Taunton School has returned from a short vacation and has sent us A BIG hello from an unusually warm and sunny Taunton!