hosting a foreign student is a really rewarding experience and makes a huge difference to holidays times for international students in the UK.
welcoming an international student in your house is a great cultural and educational experience for your own children
hosting students can provide your family with an extra income for you all.
Do you live in Kent and are interested in becoming a Host Family?
Hosting an International boarding student in your Kent home during their short holidays is such a rewarding experience. Becoming a Host Family is fun and educational for your own children as well as providing valuable extra income.
Once you have decided you would like to host a foreign student or students, get in touch and Bright World Guardianships will help you and your family every step of the way.
We rely on our network of excellent Host Families in the the Kent area to help us care for our students during the times of year when they have to leave school. This is usually some weekends and half term holidays. Becoming a host family for Bright World can make a real difference and offer international students a positive experience during their school holiday times.
Bright World's experience regarding foreign students, parents and families who choose to enrol is second to none. We offer a smooth and well considered Host Family process.
We are always looking to expand our Host Family network in Kent as our international student numbers are always growing.
· contact with our Local Coordinator who will come and visit you initially to inspect the house and answer any questions you may have in person
· a friendly and experienced Head Office Accommodation Manager available to help you with any questions
· if you have more than one room or a large twin room then you can host more than one student at a time
· a comprehensive online manual and guide for all our host families is offered to help make hosting easier and answer any questions you may have
· payments from Bright World are made promptly on the first few days of the stay
· generous cancellation fees are paid to our families if students cancel within 7 days of the stay
· 24/7 emergency phone and email address to use if you need to speak to a member of Bright World staff during the stay
· Most Bright World schools are located in and around the centre of Canterbury, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells – ideally host families should live within 30 miles of schools.
· If you are hosting older foreign students who are allowed to go out and about then it is also useful if you live within good access of train and bus services.
Bright World Guardianships meets the framework and standards for accreditation with AEGIS, Association of Educational Guardians for International Students, as a provider of host family accommodation for international students.
You are not charged any tax on income from hosting students. This means you can earn £7,500 per year tax free for hosting Bright World students.
To find out how to become a host family in Kent, and for a copy of our handbook, please contact our team direct on+44 (0)1273 835745 or fill in our online enquiry form below and we'll get back to you.
More frequently asked questions you might want to know the answer to before joining our host family network.